Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
In light of the recent announcements and protocols instilled by our national and state government and health professionals, The Martha is suspending operations beginning March 23rd through April 30th. The Martha will re-open May 1st ready to serve all our guests and visitors! For assistance, questions, or future bookings, call now 276-628-3161.
Update: March 26, 2020
The health and safety of The Martha's guests, staff, and community are of our upmost priority. And this decision is not taken lightly. We appreciate the ongoing support and understanding of all The Martha's guests, members, and surrounding community in Abingdon and beyond.
Our team will be monitoring booking requests for the Inn and the Spa, and wedding/meeting/conference date requests as well. The Martha is offering special rates for May and June starting at $175 a night plus tax and waiving our resort fee! The May and June Special Rate includes a $25 credit to be used at Sister's American Grill, the Spa, or in The Little Shop. Check out The Martha's Specials for more details.
Please call or email The Martha with any questions or concerns and we'll be happy to return your call within 48 hours. And as always, The Martha staff are happy to serve you.
We look forward to reopening with doors wide-open soon, and welcoming all the Martha's community back into the Inn.
Our prayers go out to all impacted by COVID-19.
Update: March 20, 2020
The Martha is Open!
We are continuing to monitor the situation and are adhering to recommendations issued by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and the Virginia Department of Health.
As a protocol, a strategic preparedness and response plan is in place. In addition to extra sanitary precautions outlined in our previous update below, we have taken the following initiatives to better serve our guests during this time.
- Room Rate of $175
- We are offering a special reduced room rate of $175 plus tax and waiving our resort fee through May 31st. This rate will include a grab-n-go breakfast, located in the lobby each morning.
- Special Gift Card Promotion
- We are offering a Special Gift Card Promotion! Buy a Martha Gift Card at any value and receive a discount of 10% off the cost. For instance, a $55 gift card for $50 and a $110 gift card for $100!
- Welcome Snack Bag
- Upon arrival at The Martha, guests will receive a Welcome Snack Bag loaded with bottled waters and snacks, an amenity sack complete with toiletries for your visit, and most importantly greeted with a glass of champagne. Not to mention, The Martha's much loved glass of port wine before retiring ensures a perfect night rest.
- Grab-N-Go Breakfast
- Grab-N-Go Breakfast for hotel guests will be provided each morning in the lobby 7am - 10am and will include individually wrapped breakfast items such as cereals, fruit cups, breakfast bars, etc. Coffee, bottled water, single serve orange juice and milk are available at the front desk.
- Open Spa
- Our very popular Spa and Fitness Facility, and our heated Indoor Pool remain open and available, and those spaces are equipped with disinfectant wipes for our guests' convenience.
- Shop Online
- Our premier women's boutique, The Little Shop has spring & summer collections rolling out this month: https://shopthemartha.com.
- Our outdoor hot tub area is out of service until further notice.
- The Martha is suspending Sister's American Grill operations until further notice.
- Stay tuned for new information about Sister's. We hope to offer delivery soon for special date nights and family celebrations at home!
We are doing our utmost to navigate this uncertain global crisis and look after our dedicated team of people to ensure our hotel can and will provide you with a warm, and welcomed escape.
Our top priority is to keep you as safe as possible during your stay with us.
We're all in this together.
Update: March 13, 2020
The Martha is Open!
The Martha has always been committed to exceptional cleanliness standards to make our guests feel comfortable to enjoy their vacation or visit without worry.
In light of the COVID-19 virus, those cleanliness standards are still heightened and have only been enhanced to take the appropriate precautions to ensure a safe and sanitary experience in all the Martha's offerings.
The Martha's employees and staff do not take lightly being a 4-star accommodation resort and the safety, comfort, health, and well-being of all our guests and employees is of paramount importance reflecting that status. We are taking all necessary precautions to ensure a sanitary and enjoyable experience.
Respectfully, if you or your family members have recently experienced symptoms associated with the flu or common cold, we ask that you reschedule your visit with us for another time. We ask any guests who have been out of the country in the last 14 days to please refrain from coming to the Martha and also delay your visit. Our front desk is happy to work with you on those options to reschedule.
In addition to the Martha's already high-level standards of sanitary requirements for the guest rooms and public spaces, we've taken action on a few additional initiatives below and enhanced their implementation:
- All staff are reminded and required to wash hands frequently for the full two minutes.
- The Martha has added an additional house-keeping attendant to constantly monitor cleanliness and hygiene of public restrooms and high-traffic guest areas with anti-septic wipes.
- Antiseptic wipes are available throughout public spaces and guest rooms for guest and employee use.
- In employee behind-the-scenes spaces, such as the kitchen and offices, reminders are posted on the importance of washing hands often.
- The Spa is open and values this relaxation time that you're choosing to spend with us, so we're taking extra precautions for your treatment. In addition to the already high cleanliness standards at The Spa, the Martha has reduced the number of scheduled spa treatments daily, in order to allow for extra time between services for enhanced and deeper cleaning of each treatment room.
- The Martha is suspending Sister's American Grill operations until further notice. Sister's dining in the restaurant will be closed March 20th moving forward, but The Martha will be providing guests Grab & Go Breakfast in the lobby from 7am to 10am daily with individually wrapped options. Stay tuned for information on Sister's offering delivery in the coming weeks for those special date nights and family celebrations!
We encourage guests to come and enjoy the resort! We understand your international travels this Spring might've been cancelled, and we encourage you to take your vacation at the Martha.
Stay local and enjoy that road trip to our 63-Room Inn, so you can still get that much needed time away in the intimate, breathtaking, small-town America. The Martha is ready to serve you and your loved ones for a safe, sanitary, and relaxing visit.
If you have any questions on your stay at the Martha or our cleanliness standards, please give us a call. We looking forward to serving you.